Meet Simon Millman
I am the Member for Mount Lawley, which includes the suburbs of Mount Lawley, Yokine, Menora and Coolbinia, plus part of Dianella and Morley.
I am a long term local resident and live in Mount Lawley with my wife Tara and our two young boys.
On any given morning, you might see me out walking our dog Jett at Yokine Reserve or dropping the kids off at our local public primary school.
I graduated from UWA and practiced as a workers compensation lawyer in defence of asbestos victims and employees fighting against discrimination.
I have volunteered at our local community legal centres and I believe everyone deserves quality legal protection, no matter their background.
Working for our community
With two boys in our local school, I know we must build a future our children can look to with hope.
I’m working with WA Premier Mark McGowan to make sure our education and health professionals have the resources they need, and our economy is as strong as possible.
Since being elected the McGowan Government has delivered every promise I made to you in 2017:
- Action to ease the burden on our local small businesses to support more jobs (read more)
- More resources for our early childhood education centres and schools (read more)
- Much needed improvements to our hospitals and new Urgent Care Clinics (read more)
- New measures to protect our environment (read more)
- A massive investment in our public transport system, unclogging our local roads and giving you more time to spend at home (read more)