As a parent of two local primary school kids, I know we must build a future our children can look to with hope.
Neither of my parents finished year 12.
I was the first in my family to graduate from university.
That is the power of a strong public education system. It is the bedrock for building a hopeful future for today’s children.
That’s why the McGowan Government has:
- Commenced works on a new Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics building at Mount Lawley Senior High School
- Funded a new Design and Technology workshop at Mount Lawley Senior High School
- Converted a classroom at Sutherland Dianella Primary School into a Science Lab with plans for the same at Yokine Primary School.
- Renovated the Administration Building at Yokine Primary School.
- Kicked in money for computers and robotics equipment in early childhood education centres and primary schools.
- Provided extra money to our local schools for much needed maintenance and repairs